I've been doing some major purging in my parents house this summer (office, storage room, garage, etc). And part of the deal is that anything they don't want to keep, I can sell. So I posted a bunch of old textbooks on Amazon the other day. I haven't sold anything on Amazon for years, but apparently I did set up a seller account at one point, and apparently I can still use that same seller account.
Today, I sold my first item--Sources of World History, Volume 1, a thrilling text from my dad's collection--and I saw, for the first time, the seller name I chose those many years ago: cardboardpants.
This name means nothing to me. I have no idea how or why it came about. But I'm quite certain it was concocted on the hairy plaid couches of Southridge #19, a place which inspired levels of silliness beyond my comprehension.
I don't know yet if there is a way to change my seller name, but I'm glad that one person in the world, at least, is willing to purchase a textbook from someone so obviously devoted to nonsense.
9 years ago
7 comments:
You can change your seller name...somewhere in your account settings. I've done it once before, but I can't remember the specifics. If you search around, you'll find it, I'm sure. But really...why change it? Cardboardpants is an awesome seller name.
cardboardpants is a great name! I think you should keep it that way.
Ohhhhh... Remember the episode "In Ren we trust?"
I'm thinking of a line that goes something like: "Explain to me why your pants are made of lizard skin, while little Timmy's are made of cardboard?"
And little Timmy says: "This staple's hurting my knee."
Kay, you have an amazing memory. And apparently everyone wants to buy from cardboardpants because I've sold three books since Saturday--totally keeping the name.
Oh, the hairy couches. They are rather inspirational!
Hey. I have internet again. We just "finished" moving to Ann Arbor. Michigan's almost like Canada... what's not to love!
About the couches. The thought they most inspired in my brain was "who's hair is this?" One of the spanking heads? Okay. I'm fine with that. But SOME of those hairs where deep bedded into the cushion foam. This wasn't one or two year old hair and those couches could have been as old as the skanky water pooling above the east end bedroom or the ridiculous owner who let his apartment building fall apart and then came to witness the broken remains in maroon stained leather loafers with NO socks! No socks with dress shoes is just gross.
Maybe I shouldn't respond to blogs late at night. I'm really not bitter. And I myself wear dress shoes without sock/nylons. That summer was the most fun I had in college. I wish we had the quote posters still. They were golden.
Post a Comment