Saturday, May 30, 2009

My skills

In case you weren't aware, I have a lot of good skills.

One of my most useful skills: bug killing*

I got particularly good practice on the mish. I don't get to practice my flip-flop cockroach-killing technique very often these days, but my one-hand mosquito grab comes in handy in the summers--none of that two-hand clap method for me.

Tonight was momentous when I actually managed to kill a fly barehanded. Flies have a more erratic flying pattern than mosquitoes, and I usually have to smash them with a flyswatter after they've landed. But tonight, I found one trapped in my bathroom, and since the buzzing sound was totally totally annoying, I started grabbing at it.

Suddenly the buzzing stopped.

I looked down, and the fly was caught between the fingers of my fist.

Yes, I am awesome.


*I am not a violent person, and typically I do not kill bugs when they are outside--unless they are dangerous bugs like wasps. I only kill them when they come inside. They belong outside, and as long as they stay there, they are safe from me.

1 comment:

Peter and Mandy said...

Ahh you're good! We needed you to come and take care of our turbo spider. And you're nice, if they're in my living space outside they (mostly spiders) get knocked down and squashed. Really who needs spiders anyway?