Monday, April 22, 2013

Some birthday festivities


Check out what crashed my girls night birthday party.


By the way, that's a beaver, not a bear. And he did a little dance to 'ABC' from the Jackson 5. So it was pretty much awesome.


Aside from wearing that pink tiara and hanging out with the beaver, I also attended karaoke night at the home of some my ward members. And since I actually moved my birthday party to make way for their karaoke night, they promised me a birthday cake and a birthday song in Spanish--because I didn't want to be sung to.

The big question here, though, is did I sing at karaoke night?

Yes. Yes, I did. Twice.

First I busted out some 1-D with my good fried Kiera (see the institute post below) and her roommate. Then I joined the RS pres (I'm her first counselor) for 'Popular' from Wicked. I always like to try new stuff.

Now back to the birthday cake. The maker of the cake is from Mexico, so he said we had to do this Mexican tradition where the birthday person takes a huge bite of cake using only their face. Of course, I totally agreed to this. So they lined up five people with recent/soon birthdays and put one person in front of us holding a big piece of cake and another person behind us to 'help out.' You can guess how that went . . .


Kiera, who was holding my piece of cake, kindly painted some extra frosting on my face afterward. But I fared much better than the girl whose boyfriend was holding her piece of cake. He really liked this activity. Apparently, boyfriends are mean. I'll just keep Kiera.

4 comments:

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Love it! Especially the beaver.

Linda said...

I love the the beaver, too. Definitely a top birthday surprise.

Peter and Mandy said...

That's a pretty cool birthday party.

Marianne said...

Love the frosting beard. If I ever had a beard, I'd want it made out of frosting. Yum! :)