Monday, September 12, 2011

In case you haven't heard . . .

I moved to Canada.

I am getting a PhD in Linguistics at the University of Alberta. So now I live in Edmonton, just 20 hours north of home.

I am anticipating a horribly cold and snowy winter. But at least I get to leave this place for a brief period of time at Christmas.

3 comments:

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Ah, Linda. And I moved south to escape from the cold. So cool about Linguistics, though. I guess now you'll pick up a Canadian accent...

Peter and Mandy said...

My best friend lives in Calgary, but I think she grew up in Alberta. So I guess this means you'll start ending your sentences with eh. Eh?

Kay said...

Awesome sauce! Then I can call you Doctor Linda. Or Doctor Lars. This post was important and short...not quite what I expected! So excited for you and hope the latin/greek/german studies go well!