Friday, November 20, 2009

Signs of Aging

Somehow, gradually, I have become an adult. Now I do things I swore I never would, and it makes me just a little bit sad:

  • I choose wheat bread over white.
  • I eat whole grain cereals--instead of the sugary cereals--and I actually like them.
  • I also eat vegetables. Of my own free will and without gagging.
  • Sometimes I watch the news or read the newspaper, and not just the comics.
  • I have plain colored sheets on my bed instead of character prints.
  • I turn my music down.
  • I think other people's music is loud and annoying.
  • Sometimes I don't even listen to music in the car because I enjoy the peacefulness of silence.
  • I prefer to go to bed before midnight--even if I don't have to get up in the morning. I hope to one day be asleep by 10.

2 comments:

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Oh, Linda welcome to the club. I can't manage to stay up past eleven. No matter what. And I eat wheat bread on purpose. But, I still love my sugar cereals :)

Peter and Mandy said...

I still love the sugary cereals too. I didn't have sugary ones growing up so now I treat myself to them and they are good! Peter and I were just talking about how when dating we could stay up to all hours of the night, now I get tired around 9:30k...I guess that makes me old :)