Monday, August 25, 2008

New Favorite Sport--to Watch

Back in the 2002 Winter Olympics I discovered the awesomeness of curling, which often aired late late at night, (my favorite time to watch tv). Curling is great mainly because the people look so funny sweeping the ice. I mean, I'm sure that it requires skill and all that, but it's really sort of a ridiculous sport.

BMX biking, on the other hand, is a completely different kind of awesome. These athletes are crazy--they could potentially die mid-race (which I don't think is a concern in curling). I only caught two BMX races this Olympics, but they were amazing. I found the wipe-outs to be totally satisfying, and while I've never had an interest in extreme sports before this, if X Games ever comes here, I'm totally going.

So if you missed the BMX races this year, look for it in 2012. Definitely a great addition to the Olympics.

2 comments:

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Hm...I didn't get too much time in watching Olympics, but I definitely missed out on those fun sports. dang.

Peter and Mandy said...

Peter and I were talking at one point about how ridiculous curling was. He had heard from a co-worker or something that the BMX racing was awesome, so since we taped most of the olympics we fast forwarded all the stuff we didn't care about and then watched the bmx races. They were awesome! We too thought it was strange/funny when they wiped out. We even rewinded a few to watch them multiple times. That's one sport I'm glad I never took up. Looked quite painful when they went splat!